Friday 17 August 2012

Fred Said

In Kenya it is very common for a man to have many wives. He, himself, only has one because Christianity does not agree with that practice but he explained that it is very easy to take a second or third wife. There is no legal complications like in Britain.
He also explained that in Kenyan culture, if you live with your partner and have children it is considered 'marriage'. He has been 'married' for 10 years but is going to get his official certificate next Sunday in a "jubilee ceremony" where he will say vows along with 6 other couples.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm Grace's Aunt (well, actually Great Aunt, but that makes me sound too old!) Anyhoo....I've just read through all your posts and I find them all so interesting. You all are doing such a wonderful thing! I love it! Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Auntie Jill! We've got a wide range of readers from the USA to 8 views in Russia! Hahaha, lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete